Welcome to TSHA’s 125th Annual Meeting
Thank you for joining us for the 125th Annual Meeting of the Texas State Historical Association!
During our first-ever virtual meeting, expect informative sessions on the latest in Texas history research, engaging special events, and a virtual Texana book auction. You can find every session and event on this site, in addition to a listing of the meeting’s excellent exhibitors and generous sponsors.
Every session is available to watch, beginning on February 17, and special events and live Q&A sessions are scheduled for March 3-6. Throughout the meeting, discuss interesting session topics and connect with colleagues and friends by using the site’s Networking and Chat feature. Thank you again for joining us and enjoy the meeting!
TSHA is offering 2 levels of registration this year. A basic $25 registration and a limited number of “VIP” registrations for $125, in commemoration of the 125th Annual Meeting.
Please Note: All attendees will need to create an account to register and virtually attend the Annual Meeting. Your Annual Meeting account will be separate from any other TSHA accounts you currently use.
$25 basic registration includes:
- Access to every prerecorded presentation and live Q&A session. This year, because the event is virtual, you can watch each session at your own pace beginning February 17.
- An open invitation to each of the traditional events held during the Annual Meeting. Participate in the President Elect’s Reception, Fellows Luncheon and Presentation of Awards, the Women in Texas History Event, and the President’s Dinner without paying any extra registration fees.
- The opportunity to bid on the lots included in this year’s Texana auction, which will feature hundreds of your favorite books on Texas history.
- Virtual networking through private and group chats so you can stay connected with your colleagues and fellow attendees from the comfort of your home.
$125 VIP registration includes all the registration benefits listed above, plus:
- A TSHA “Swag Bag,” which will include a copy of the printed program, a commemorative TSHA gift, and more.
- An invitation to a special VIP-only session on the History of Wine in Texas.
- VIP registrants will have the opportunity to purchase a special wine tasting to accompany the session.
How to Use this Site
Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with this site. We encourage you to review the daily conference schedule and watch prerecorded presentations on the Sessions tab. (Note that all events and Q&A sessions are listed in US Central Time, but you can visit everytimezone.com if you need assistance converting them to your time zone.) Visit our exhibitors and sponsors, and place your bid in our Texana auction.
Connection Tips/Technical Support
Before the start of the Annual Meeting, we encourage you to test your Zoom connection at https://www.zoom.us/test. We also suggest you join at least 10 minutes early prior to the start time of any live event or Q&A session you wish to attend to ensure you do not experience any connection issues. If you have any problems, exiting and reentering the Zoom event or session will often fix any issues.
For further assistance, check out the Support tab in the navigation menu above. You may also send a private message to staff/tech support at any point during the conference if you need personalized assistance. Please reserve the general meeting chat box for questions specific to presentations or that are applicable to all participants.
Live Tech Support is scheduled:
- 3/3: 12:30 pm - 6:30 pm CST
- 3/4: 8:30 am - 7:30 pm CST
- 3/5: 11:15 AM - 2:30 pm CST
- 3/6: No live support
If you run into any issues or have any questions during the times with no live support please contact:
Angel Baldree (512-471-2723) email@example.com, or Katherine Walters firstname.lastname@example.org
Engage with Presenters and Attendees
We encourage you to watch every recorded session this year and prepare questions on your favorite topics. During the live Q&A sessions or panels held March 3-6, you may submit questions for the presenters via chat, use the “reactions” button in Zoom to give a thumbs up or applause. Feel free to introduce yourself to others!
We are thankful for your participation and support during this unique Annual Meeting experience. We also invite you to share your thoughts through social media. Tell others about the Annual Meeting and invite them to join us! Please tag @TxStHistAssoc on Twitter or mention @TexasStateHistoricalAssociation on Facebook when posting about the conference and use #TSHA125 as the hashtag!